Tuesday, January 8, 2008

What a week that was

Another week has rushed by and the festive season and New Year are now gone. The snow last Friday was very brief and mainly fell as sleet. I like the snow but it builds up in the paw pads and gets very cold as it turns to ice. My friend the Welsh Border Collie has lots of problems as his fur is much longer. If you are taking your Boxer out in the snow remember they have short hair and need a coat if you are going to play for hours.

Global warming? Yet the cost of fuel in the UK is set to increase above inflation. Train fares have increased above inflation and wages for the public sector are set to stay at inflation. No wonder it's called Rip Off Britain! Home repossessions due to rise even higher this year, who benefits from all this?

My diet is going well and all in all I have more energy, my coat is good and for 9 years old things are looking up since they changed me away from commercial pet food and all those additives.

Good news it looks as if D&M may start taking me out for a walk again. Remember they lost their confidence after the ear tearing incident. I hope they do start because it not only benefits me but they get some exercise too.

Not a lot happening in the garden, just keeping it tidy and planting out some hyacinths brought at Christmas which have finished flowering. Many of the bulbs are starting to show through and the willow has catkins starting to form. The evenings are starting to draw out a bit too.

Have a good week and speak soon and remember change your habits and behaviour to achieve those New Years resolutions.

No comments: