Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Where did the rest of the week go?

After Einstein and all the weather changes from wet to very cold yesterday (Monday) where did the week go?

Last Thursday was uneventful,although the weather was fair with some sunshine and activity in the garden. Birds busy at the feeders or grubbing about on the ground. D still breaks up biscuit for the birds in the summer house and the Robin and blackbird still come in to peck it up.

Friday was much the same although there was more sun around and on our walk in the morning we had a fox a company for a while. Blue tits and goldfinches are busy in the silver birch and at the feeders with the finches liking the Niger seeds.Went for a walk with D in the afternoon but no one about. Must be the time of year as I have not seen Buster or No Brain for a while now.

Saturday out with D to deliver the papers and some medication for one of our friends. The leaves have now started to fall very quickly and trees are now like skeletons, although some are still showing some wonderful colours in the leaves. The boss(he) wants to go to see the fall in the USA before he dies and looking at some of the pictures on his screen saver I can see why. Some activity in the garden with racking of leaves and the turning of the compost heaps to aid the process. Boss(he) was ill later in the afternoon; just before it got dark. Must have been some virus as he was in the small room quite often all evening and was in bed early. Mum had a bonfire to get rid of the last of the wood debris. The ash will be used around the garden and put into a heap in one corner to suppress the weed growth there.

Sunday, was mostly wet and someone came around to look at the car, but they all never make up their mind there and then. I had a bit of an odd day as D and I got wet on our walk and I was bit off the food; unusual for me I know. Because the weather was damp it was day around the house with a lot of pottering; not the Harry type. Boss(he) was feeling better, although still a bit groggy on the pins and feeling light headed. All in all a day more for being than doing. Nice for me as it meant I could relax and look into D's eye with my big brown eyes and get treats.

Monday. Oh boy I wish I had not eaten so many treats as I feel bad. I can just about make the effort to drink some water and can't eat a thing. Boss(he) is off work today as he still is not 100%. So by mid-day we go for a long walk in the sun which is nice. There was a heavy frost this morning and in the hedge row there is still some frost where the sun had not reached. Back home and drink of water, but no food. Feel awful and my belly is making some odd noises. Mostly sleep until everyone else gets in. Boss(she) is quite worried about me and just before 7 o'clock the boss takes me to the vet. That visit was not enjoyable had two injection and now I am home and have lost the plot completely as well as control of by back legs. Seems the vet gave me a mild sedative to quieten my stomach and that's it I am out for the count. Bliss.

No comments: