Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas is coming

Thursday was an odd day weather wise. Rain and more rain then some sunny spells. not enough to encourage D&M to take me out though.

Friday was a bright sunny day, although there was a chill in the wind. Again no walk during the day. Since my ear was torn by that mutt D&M have not taken me out. Seems they have lost their confidence. It was not their fault the dog attacked me. Avoidable perhaps but one of those incidents that happens.

I see that there is a great deal of news focused on a white 50 year old teacher from England who ask her class, in the Sudan, what to name a cuddly toy. Having giving the toy a name used by Muslims for their boys, a member of the school staff made a complaint. Extremists then took over and yet again non Muslims are shown the total inflexibility of a religion that has as it's foundation similar beliefs to all other religions. All religions have common ground, the way the principles of those religions manipulate it is the cause of so much that is wrong in the world at present. What I find, as a dog, so amazing is that humans are unable to see through this pretense.

Saturday and the weather consists of a fine rain, more like mist. D has called and is going to take me down to the pond and back. Hurray, I do like my walk with D, if only because at his age I think the exercise does him as much good as me. Bosses went into the town for a short time to have a look at possible present ideas for the family. As the afternoon was sunny and dry work in the garden and cutting and trimming before the winter sets in.

Sunday was wet, but D still took me for a walk to deliver the papers. One of those days where the weather "stops play" in the garden or any where else. Boss(he) put nan's number plate up after much faffing about trying to use existing holes and plugs; made a 5 minute job into a major task.
My ear is healing and according to the boss(he) I am a true boxer as they often have cauliflower ears. Laugh a minute sometime, he is. Next Tuesday I have to have the stitches taken out.Can't say I am overjoyed at that prospect.

Monday sees much activity to release the teacher I spoke about earlier. Perhaps, some sense will prevail as for many people this it just another example of extremism from a religious group.

Well December is with us and the count down to Christmas begins. Amongst all the waste that this will produce as people buy to excess it would be useful to spend a moment on what it is we are celebrating. Is it the birth of Jesus or the pursuit of excess. Yesterday on the BBC web site I noticed an article that indicates that a vast fortune is spent on presents that are not wanted. How many females still get underwear in colours and shapes that they will never wear? How many pairs of socks go to the back of the draw? EBay does good business after Christmas when all those unwanted presents are sold on.

Web site is all but ready to go live. Looking for a good reliable hosting that does not cost a fortune and offers certain facilities. Any opinions on that one?

Tuesday is here already and it was chilly this morning but the rain is holding off; but for how long? Must go as I need to have some R & R before my visit to the vet. See you, take care and be happy.

No comments: