Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sunday - shed in skip

Yesterday was very productive. The shed is in the skip, garden is looking good and the burn heap was reduced to ash. All thanks to my organisational skills.
D comes around and takes me for a walk, very misty but with the promise of a good bright day. See two deer in the mist but they are away before I can get to them to say Hi. No walkers or other humans doing early morning activities. Still mist is rising and there is blues sky. Pass heron on the pond, very busy looking in the water. Must like his own reflection. Nearly home time for some scoff and then some shut eye.
After the shopping they are all in the garden busy doing things. I think they call it pottering, although J.K Rowling is no where to be seen. Since the big scare in the USA about contaminated dog and cat food the bosses have taken me off tinned food and now buy offal for me. I must admit it is a whole lot better for me and it save them money and I love it. Always worries me how this could happen until you look at the short term gain humans seem to focus on. After children and often in place of comes pets. Now I know that for some that means a hungry market that mean MONEY. So they obtain "meat" and add cereal and other materials and tell pet owners it's good for their pet. It cost money, they have no real idea of what goes in it and it contributes, in the case of dogs, to a decrease in life expectancy and increased illnesses.
I digress, the patches of grass are mowed and a general tidy up of the garden is done. Off to Nan's to take over the big ladder ready to do more window preparation next week.
Back home and go round D&M's for a chat and glass of wine. All very civilised and the day has been quite good, just a little chill in the afternoon air as Autumn start to make it's presence known.
Have a good week and may the sun shine on your face or warm your back

No comments: