Monday, January 14, 2008

Raining on my world

Mixed bag of weather over the last few days. Mostly rain and some blustery winds, which I don't like as it blows in my short ear. The ponds on the common and the surrounding ditches are now overflowing and the common feels if it's at saturation point.

Plenty of activity in the kitchen over the weekend with soup making from the last of the vegetables from the garden. Next year is will be all flowers and some beans which will be dug back in to add to the soils Nitrogen content. The high winds have meant that the fences have taken a battering and both D&M and our next door neighbour had panels broken. Guess what people will be doing next weekend if the weather is dry?

Boss (he) sorted out a problem on one of the cars.... loose wire to the brake pad wear indicator. Diesel is now over £1 per litre or £4.50 plus for a gallon. There is still plenty of oil but speculation is allowing some people to make a lot of money at the expense of the rest. The wet weather so far in the UK will mean that vegetable prices will rise because of the problems with the crops and the increased fuel costs. This means that "Jo public" gets hit multiple times. Crazy or what?

Due to an oversight on the part of bosses I had to eat some commercial dog food on Friday. Well I didn't, because it smelt odd after having my food sorted by the bosses. Although convenient and useful in an emergency I have been much better since I have been on a modified meat and veg diet. My veg is precooked to help with digestion because in the wild my natural prey like rabbits would have predigested it and then I would have eaten them. Sounds gruesome but that's what happens in the wild. Also way back dogs were given scraps from the table and usually after the humans had eaten so the pack instinct was established. They ate before us so we were down the pecking order.

This week looks like another wet one and what with the Writer's Union and actors boycotting the Globe awards the week ahead is going to look interesting. Where ever you are try a little singing, whether it's sunny or raining it will make you feel a little better.

No comments: