Thursday, November 15, 2007

Another week is flying by

Boy, what a week. After my little episode on Monday evening down the vet and completely loosing the plot and the will to stay upright. Tuesday was a mix of gaining some sort of reality to this world and plenty of sleep. Food was just starting to become an interest in my life. Boy I must have been bad to not think about scoff.
Funny, or not, but life often gives at a jolt when we are not being what we ought to be. What was I doing, begging for treats and make a pig of myself. When I should have been doing what I am good at - being a boxer dog.The treats would have come anyway, although not so many and been better for me.

Lesson to be learnt? When you put more effort into doing and not into being life gives you a jolt to reset your bearing and be more and do less. Humans have the same problem. Take my family, they are always working hard and long hours for less. He works long hours and earns money so he pays more tax. She works hard and appears to get no where in terms of reward or acknowledgement. The end result is that resentment creeps in and blinds them to the fact that doing less will produce more.

Now most humans are told to work hard and be honest and punctual and you will succeed. Whilst these attributes are creditable they do not take account of the BIG picture. All this talk is about separateness, all individuals striving to have a better life, job, car, holiday, house etc. Yet humans are not separate, if they were the vast majority would not be experiencing the same things, in varying degrees.
Recent surveys have found that over 78% of people are not happy in their job and a similar percentage find the job they do stressful!

The dollar is now trading at just over 2 to the pound. What does that REALLY mean. Nothing because there is not enough gold in reserves or on deposit to cover all the "money" in circulation. I have spoken about this before and the "feeling" attached to money that gives this false sense of security. The value of gold rises to attempt to cover for the credit. Copper is now more expensive to buy yet in the UK we are building no more houses than normal. Why has copper become a "hot" trade. What do you think?

As a dog and in some ways more able to see the whole facade of "human life" my observations lead me to conclude that humans have lost their way and instead of trying to find the way back delude themselves through the pursuit of money and material things as the way.

Enough of humans things the days have been cold with some rain and some sun. Life in the garden is one of storing for the Winter and readying for Spring. Last evening I came upon a young fox in the garden who was off like a shot and on the bosses shed. Well I had to start barking as the shed roof is getting old and not able to take the weight any more. D came out with his flash light and the fox was off the shed and into our neighbours garden without a goodbye. Today, Thursday it is very chilly at minus 3 and my coat seems to be rather thin so I am home to get into bed. Looks like it could be a wonderful sunny day. See you again.

No comments: