Sunday, September 23, 2007

Saturday is shed down day.

Boss(he) up early sorting out the tools required to take the shed down. Explains to me how he will need to cut bolts and take the shed down bit by bit. Now I have seen this all before, starts off like that then out comes the wrecking bar and hammer and it's down in bits.
What did I say, bolts too difficult to get the saw on, so out comes the bar and off comes the door within seconds. Lots of dust as it's got wood worm in it. Within a short time the front of the shed comes out to leave the roof sagging on the sides and the back. Next the two halves of the roof then the sides and lastly the back. Skip is then loaded and by midday it's all done. screwdriver and saw returned, unused.
Other boss(she) has been around helping whilst I have supervised, the only way to get things done. They now move to clearing out the green house and before I know it they are in the garden doing weeding, repairing the water pump, trimming and showing me the frogs ( they call them oggits) never mind I know what they mean.
Stop for a hot drink and filled roll, whilst I have my scoff and away they go again. Looks to me like a bonfire is in the making which is interesting. Why? Well (he) likes flammers with little smoke and everything burnt within a short time. (she) likes to burn everything which means some smoke. This will happen after sunset and is a ritual getting cardboard first, because it flames well and produces lots of heat and then away it goes. Well it's all burnt and it was quite good as they put a lot of lavender on which smelt OK.
A good productive day, the humans are pleased and thanks to my organisational skills it was done in an orderly manner. I can now get down to some serious shut eye whilst they have showers and watch a little TV before bed. Speak tomorrow as they are doing something over Nan's also must chat about my diet.

No comments: