Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday - a cold morning

Up early and out with boss. Cold morning with a strong breeze. The moon is full and the clouds are moving fast. Autumn is upon us and the horse chestnut tree is already dropping it's seeds. My winter coat is not ready yet so I feel the cold just like I feel the heat of the sun in summer.

No Brain the setter is able to catch things when they are thrown towards him. Me I have no nose and have a problem catching anything. Seems odd that. The bosses think I maybe long sighted. Any other boxers have the same problem?

More blue tongue infection found on the same farm. The cold weather today might help?I wonder if we are able to either produce a vaccine or isolate the animals and see if they can combat it themselves to build their own immunity?

I see that the Blair's are cashing in on their claim to fame. I wonder what percentage of their money do they give or use for charitable or life enhancement projects. Seems to me that many of the world's wealthiest give money to create a better life for others. Take Bill Gates, you may curse him when you are trying to upgrade to Vista, but he and his wife have a foundation that help the less fortunate in the world. Any projects or assistance that helps to give others the means of sustaining themselves and growing into self efficiency must be good.

Talking of which it would appear that this world is all about lack or scarcity. Yet there are more millionaires now than ever so is there a lack of money? Hardly, and what about food? There is enough food wasted in the western world to feed the starving in the world. Humans have got it wrong and as long as they are not affected they have little concern for anyone else.

I see that the Natives of America are to get special shoes that are designed for their feet to help them be more competitive and combat obesity. Their feet are much broader and higher than the norm. Am I surprised, these people roamed the plains and the lands of America following the food trail mostly on foot. They had horses, but never that many, so they walked as did the people of Africa to hunt for food. Whereas the majority of the palefaces used horses to traverse the land and only walked short distances, in comparison. As a boxer, I was bred for working, mostly hunting out wild boar so my paws are large, yet my hind quarter is narrow and designed for speed with a deep chest and strong front end. I would be of little use flushing rabbits out of their burrows. My point is that we have all evolved to differing tasks. Give them shoes designed to their feet, but to help them overcome obesity. Sounds more like a marketing pitch, regardless of how genuine the intention. Look at why they are become obese might be a good place to start, although it may not sell many shoes or trainers!

Well I sorted the human world problems out for today, must concentrate on my being which means plenty of R&R and then walks, then chasing cats and lastly sorting out the family I live with before dinner tonight. It's always busy being a dog. See you tomorrow

No comments: